Jamaica, up to 2 years of Tax Treaty

(Reported from Internal Revenue Service (IRS), US government Publication 901)

Tax treaty for Professors, Teachers, and Researchers

An individual who is a resident of Jamaica on the date of arrival in the United States and who temporarily visits the United States to teach or engage in research at a university, college, or other recognized educational institution for a period not expected to exceed 2 years, is exempt from U.S. income tax on the income received for the teaching or research for not more than 2 years from the date of arrival in the United States. A resident of Jamaica is entitled to this exemption only once.

This exemption does not apply to income from research carried on mainly for the private benefit of any person rather than in the public interest.