• What is the minimum wage to file your tax? 

    If your wages are less than 4000 you do not need to file federal taxes. 
  • Definition of Teacher or trainee: 
    A teacher or trainee is an individual, other than a student, who is temporarily in the United States under a “J” or “Q” visa and substantially complies with the requirements of that visa. You are considered to have substantially complied with the visa requirements if you have not engaged in activities that are prohibited by U.S. immigration laws and could result in the loss of your visa status. See IRS publication 519
  • What to do if you lost, did not receive or receive a wrong W-2 form? 
    W-2 must be sent by the 1° of February, if you still did not receive it you can contact your employer or read the following instructions of the IRS
  • Where’s My Refund? 

    To check the status of your refund Visit https://www.irs.gov and click on Where’s My Refund? Alternatively you can use the free IRS2Go phone app or call from the U.S. the 1-800-829-1954 24. Be ready with your SSN or ITIN, your filing status (Single, married, etc) and the exact whole dollar amount of your expected refund from Federal tax. 
  • What is the minimum U.S. income to declare? 

    If you are a non resident alien the minimum U.S. income that you must declare is 4000 $. If you are a resident alien follow the table below, reported in the instruction for form 1040, to discover the minimum income that you must declare.chart-a
  • Do I have to declare my foreign bank account?
     Yes, but only if you are a resident alien or a U.S. citizen and the amount of your bank account, or combination of bank accounts is higher than the equivalent of 10000$. To declare your foreign bank account you need to use the FBAR E-filling method and its instructions. Contact us if you need help to do it.
  • Do I have to declare my interest dividends or similar earned during the taxable year?
    If you earned interests, dividends or similar in U.S. you will receive 1099-Int, 1099-Oid or 1099-Div forms, and you will have to include the amount earned in your tax declaration. Instead if you earned interests, dividends, etc. from a foreign bank accounts you have to declare those using the schedule B, and you have to indicate such incomes on your tax declaration. Contact us or read this article for further explanation
  • What can I do If I do not have a Social security number (SSN)? 

    If you are a nonresident or resident alien and you do not have and are not eligible to get an SSN, you must apply for an ITIN. For more information, see Form W-7 and its instructions. It takes about 7 weeks to get an ITIN. See instruction for form 1040.
  • Could I round off my incomes? 

    You can round off your income to whole dollars. To round, drop amounts under 50 cents and increase amounts from 50 to 99 cents to the next dollar. For example, $1.39 becomes $1 and $2.50 becomes $3. If you have to add two or more amounts to figure the amount to enter on a line, include cents when adding the amounts and round off only the total.